Close Sales at a Higher Rate
by Head of Operations
I would like to know how to close sales at a higher rate.
To close sales at a higher rate you need to get past the basics in the interactions that precede the close.
What do I mean by that ?
The basics are:
- arriving at the meeting prepared (ie product knowledge + prospect knowledge)
- be in your best selling mood (state)
- have the best interest of your prospect in mind
- get a connection with customer (usually via dialogue)
- ask questions
- sell benefits not features
- handle objections
- ask for the order (if you need to)
To move on from that:
- learn how to build rapport without using words
- ask more targeted questions
- ask questions to understand how your prospect thinks and decides
- pin down your prospect's DBM and/or Criteria for buying
- talk in terms of your benefits to prospect's DBM / Criteria
- talk in the prospect's thinking patterns
- have objection handling so practiced that it's automatic to you
- make sure you have rapport at time of closing
- control prospect's emotions at time of closing
Do all of that and your closing rate (for qualified prospect's) will be around 80%.
Hope this helps, Greg
PS: I offer sales coaching
on how to do these things.
Note: DBM = Dominant Buying Motive
Click here to post comments
Return to Like to Know - free book.